I’m back! After a well needed clean break from the digital world, I’m back. Taking it slow and starting with the blog, then maybe someday I will download the Instagram app to my phone again.
Celebrating a fresh new start for the blog with a new look – and well, I might as well tell you, a new baby on the way. Come August 23, give or take a couple of days/weeks, we’ll be a family of 5! – and this recipe for my fantastic bread rolls. Yes, they are as a matter of fact simply fantastic. Easy to make and so delicious. If you are throwing a dinner party or making breakfast really early in the morning or just want to try and bake your own bread – this is a recipe for you.
Fanstastic Bread Rolls
Recipe adapted from the book Annas Mat (Annas’ Food) by Anna Bergenström. I use preferably organic ingredients.
500 gram of luke warm water
100 gram full fat milk
25 gram fresh yeast
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp salt
720 gram plain flour or bread flour with a high protein content
- Break the yest into small crumbles in a bowl. Add the water and milk together with honey and salt and dissolve.
- Add flour and mix into a dough which should be really sticky.
- Let the dough rest for appr. 2 hours covered with a towel.
- Heat the oven to 240C/464F.
- Place the dough on a heavy floured surface. Sprinkle some flour on top of the dough. Do not kneed! Lightly form it into a rectangle by tapping the dough on top, but be careful not to press the air out.
- With a spatula (not a knife) cut pieces of the dough into desired size and shape – it doesn’t have to be exact measurements. Place the rolls on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the rolls are golden.
- Enjoy warm rolls with butter and maybe with a really nice cheese. Or you can serve them with your favorite soup.